This year, we picked out a little lodgepole pine for our Christmas tree! It has cute upswept branches with classic looking pine needles at the ends. We cut off a few boughs from the bottom of the tree, which we usually need to do before placing it in the tree stand. I love to utilize parts of our fresh Christmas tree branches for decorations or even as festive gifts, like these! And this year, I wanted to make a super simple organic looking wreath. So, all I used was the tree branches and some gold wire… no frame necessary!
It took a little finagling, but overall it was really easy and took me about an hour! I will go through the steps I took to put mine together and little tips I learned along the way. Keep in mind though, every branch is going to be a little bit different so it probably won’t turn out exactly like this. But of course, that’s the beauty of making an organic Christmas wreath, each one will be unique : )
2. Then, snip a 6-8 inch piece of wire (or pre-snip a bunch before hand). I made them all about this size so I had extra length to work with so that I could wrap them a few times and cut the ends once I was done.
3. Then take the bottom of one of the branches and secure it a few inches down from the tip of the branch next to it.
4. Wrap the wire around the two a few times.
5. After wrapping, twist the ends (like a twist tie) on the back side of your wreath. If you don’t do this, they become loose much more easily!
6. Once you have your original branches secured in a circle, this becomes like your frame to work off of. Take a step back and see where you’d like to add more volume.
7. Continue to layer in your branches and keep them facing the same direction all the way around. (You will need two pieces of wire per branch, securing the top and bottom all the way around.)
(Follow the steps on the stencil. This way you can fold the letters over the wire and simply glue them together.)
It’s the perfect wreath to use anywhere in your home. It would add some festive flair above your bed, in a guest room, and of course right up on your front door!
Looking for a wreath that will add a punch of color to your space? Check out this one.
Tis the season to be homey : )
PS. If you missed it: Here’s the Merry Christmas banner lettering printable we made for you!